Home

:: Current Projects ::

BlendShape Combination System

Current Version: 1.3.2

Last Change: Oct 12, 2016

Attribute Combination System

Current Version: 1.07

Last Change: Mar 24, 2011

AnimUI

Current Version: 2.1.8

Last Change: Mar 30, 2011

:: News ::

Updated Two Mel Scipts

posted by danielpk on 02-17-2004 12:51

Just some short news:

The DPK_combinationSystemUI MEL script has got some minor bug fixes.

The DPK_reorderAttrs MEL script was updated and should now work under Linux, too (it was just tested under Win).


Daniel

Updated and New Files

posted by danielpk on 12-20-2003 21:21

As a side effect of the developement of my second rigging system, I've written some other scripts which might be usefull for other things aswell. I thought, maybe someone is interested in some of them, so I decided to post them now.


The new scripts are:

  • DPK_multiDimArray.mel
    This script provides several procedures to manage dynamic multidimensional string arrays. There's much information in the header of the script.

  • DPK_arrayTools.mel
    Little collection of procedures to work on, and convert different types of arrays.

  • DPK_rigOrientJoint.mel
    With this script you can orient joints in a variety of ways. You can control the axis pointing down the joint, the axis pointing up, and you can control where the up axis is.

  • DPK_rigOrientJointUI.mel
    This is just a simple UI with which you can use the DPK_rigOrientJoint.mel script interactively. The orienting script is included in the download.


There's also a little change in the DPK_rigCreateConstObj.mel script which affects some of the older scripts, too. It should now work correctly with moved pivots etc..
The affected scripts are:




The DPK_getCurveCode.mel was also updated to support hierarchies of curves and multi shape curves (one transform with several shape nodes).


I think that's all for now. I hope I can post an early version of the rigging system soon, but I don't know when I'll find the time to work on it.


Cheers,

Daniel

Updated: DPK_delHistoryPreserveBlendShape

posted by danielpk on 11-16-2003 17:28

Once more some script news.

Based on the suggestions made in this thread from Jason Schleifer's "Jonh And His Dog Production Forum" I updated my MEL script DPK_delHistoryPreserveBlendShape.mel so that you can now delete the history and keep more than one Blend Shape node.

This can be very helpful when you have blend shapes on several separated pieces of a model and don't want to loose everything once you combine them into one model. In this situation the workflow would be:

  • With the model separated in the different parts (e.g. head, arms, legs, etc...) create the necessary blend shapes for them.
  • Combine all the parts and merge vertices (make sure history is on).
  • Using DPK_delHistoryPreserveBlendShape.mel you can now delete the history without loosing a single blend shape. :)


As always, the all_in_one package has also been updated. :blink:


Daniel

New Script: DPK_flipCurves.mel

posted by danielpk on 11-13-2003 20:37

Today, the topic of mirroring SDKs came up again and I thought about my script (DPK_mirrorSDK).

I realized that, after copying the SDKs to the other side, they may need to get flipped. This depends on several factors, so I didn't implement it in the scripts yet. Instead I just scaled all the "wrong" animation curves by selecting the keys (e.g. all rotateZ curves of the joints) and typing "*=-1" in the value field in the Graph Editor.

This, of curse, didn't work too well with fine-tuned SDK curves because some tangents were not adjusted correctly after the flip. Also the process of selecting all the rotateZ curves of 20 joints was very time consuming (especially in Maya 4.5).

So, in short, I wrote a little MEL script for it. :)

It is called DPK_flipCurves.mel and is available under Scripts in the "MEL Scripts :: Experimental" section.


Cheers,

Daniel

Updated: DPK_combinationSystemUI

posted by danielpk on 10-28-2003 23:04

Hey all,

just updated the DPK_combinationSystemUI script. There was a minor bug with the "tweak-mix" window. The "default mix based on combinations" was working only if there were no other objects in the scene that had the same name as the included combis. :push:

Just download the latest version and replace all your "old" files with the new ones. Then everything should be working correctly.

Btw. the all_in_one zip is also updated, of course.


Sorry for the inconvenience. :embarrest

Daniel


Page 8 of 10: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Copyright © 2017, Daniel Pook-Kolb